Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp is 'gratified' over response to Kevin Spacey allegations

The Broadway star is breaking his silence.

During an exclusive interview with Entertainment Tonight, Anthony Rapp opened up about the response he's received since coming forward with sexual misconduct allegations against Kevin Spacey. While the Rent star recently called out the online harassment he's suffered from Spacey fans, he emphasized that the response has mainly been positive.

"I've been very surprised by it all," Rapp, 46, told the publication on Monday, Dec. 4, 2017, at the One Night With the Stars charity concert, which raised money for women and children battling cancer. "I've been very gratified by the response I've gotten from so many people. I think all of this is an important step to dismantle the machinery that allowed this sort of thing to continue."

The Star Trek: Discovery star took to Twitter earlier that day to comment on the news that House of Cards would resume filming its final season in 2018, sans Spacey and starring Robin Wright. Production had halted on the Netflix series following Rapp's claims and other numerous accusations from members of the show's crew, leading the company to cut ties with Spacey.

"I'm very gratified to learn that the many folks who've been in limbo this past month will in fact have the chance to complete their work that had been interrupted," he wrote. "I wish them all the very best on @HouseofCards Season 6."

"It was important to me that the ripple effects of everything that's gone on don't negatively affect too many people," Rapp told ET. "So, I'm really happy that the people that work on House of Cards are continuing to get to do that work."

As Nicki Swift previously reported, Rapp accused Spacey of attempting to sexually assault him when he was 14 and Spacey was 26 during a BuzzFeed exclusive in late October 2017. The American Beauty actor, 58, faced major backlash after coming out as gay in his public apology to Rapp only hours after the allegations hit.

Spacey is, unfortunately, one of several Hollywood big shots to face allegations of sexual misconduct after disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein was accused of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape in October 2017.