G-Eazy Breaks Silence Following Arrest In Sweden

G-Eazy is breaking his silence.

On Sunday, May 6, 2018, the "Him & I" rapper, whose real name is Gerald Earl Gillum, took to Instagram to publicly address his recent arrest for assault and drug possession in Sweden.

"Grateful & blessed to be free & safe. Happy to be in Copenhagen tonight doing what I love most," he began, captioning a black-and-white snapshot of himself smiling.

"Embarrassed & apologetic beyond words about the incident, but above all I'm so f**king grateful they let me go," G-Eazy continued. "Craziest experience of my life, awful night with a lot of bad luck and some even worse decisions but like I said I'm grateful as f**k to be a free man, back on tour performing for the fans."

He concluded, "Thank you to everyone who's held me down along the way and supported this journey, I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. Love."

As Nicki Swift previously reported, G-Eazy pleaded guilty on Friday, May 4, after being charged with violent resistance, crime of violence against an official, and illegal drug possession earlier in the week. 

Early Thursday morning, May 3, Swedish police arrested the "No Limit" rapper following a violent altercation at a club called Solidaritet, where he had been partying with girlfriend Halsey following his concert in Stockholm on Wednesday night. 

At the time, G-Eazy allegedly lunged at a fan who was trying to photograph him in the club's VIP area. According to TMZ, the rapper became "belligerent" after security guards attempted to calm him down, and reportedly "started throwing punches, striking one guard in the face" multiple times. The Blast later confirmed that he was caught with about 1.5 ounces of cocaine on his person, as well as a rolled-up $100 bill, during his arrest.

Luckily, the 28-year-old musician will not face any jail time. After standing trial, he received a probationary sentence, including a $10,000 fine and roughly $900 paid in restitution to the bouncer he assaulted.